My career choice



I think I never thought I would  study Social Work. I definitely wanted to be Astronaut, I mean I still wanted to but i'm really bad at physics. When I grew up and realized that I'd never be this, I didn't want to study anything because in general I don't like to study, so I didn't want to come to the university. But my mom forced me and I started to make myself the idea of coming. First I wanted to be a history teacher and it was my only option for a long time. Then one day my mom talked to me about a friend of hers that he was working in a orphanage, and how he related with those children. I really liked the idea so I started thinking about this profession. Social work became my only option so I didn't have vocational problems or anything. 

After three years in the university I can say that I still don't like studying but i've gotten to learn a lot of things that make me appreciate it. I really like my profession and its transformative potential. 

I'd like to work in prisons, or things related to jail and human rights. 

Comments

  1. I also wanted to be an astronaut :c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone wanted to be an astronaut...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is so nice you found a career when you can feel passion for it, I hope you enjoy a lot your work! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts