Post 3: My Favorite Movie

Resultado de imagen para babadook


To choose one movie to be my favorite is very difficult. I've seen a lot of movies of different genders so it isn't easy to talk about one in particular, but I would like to make justice for an undervalue gender. I refer to horror movies, and I'm going to talk about a really great movie called "The Babadook".

Babadook is a movie and also a horror book written and directed by Jennifer Kent, and it's about a mother (Essie Davis) and her little child (Noah Wiseman) who has a really complex personality, I mean he's violent, he demands her a lot of time and sometimes can seem annoying. Because that, she's really alone and tired of dealing with him. Besides she's very sad for the death of her husband, the kid's father.

The story begins when the boy asks his mom to read a tale. The tale is like a premonition and says that when you read it you're going to start viewing the babadook, a "monster". After that his child starts to tell her that he's seeing the babadook, and she begins to go through a series of events that reinforce those feelings of loneliness, sadness, and resentment to her child.

I don't have a favorite part yet but it's REALLY good to watch the change on her personality, she's a very good actress I think. It's a psychological horror movie which is worth watching it.


Comments

  1. Much people tell me that this movie it is very good, i want watch it some day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the horror movies! I also wanna watch some day

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it's seems really interesting and terryfying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With your words now I really want to watch it! Never heard about it before :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts